Friday 8 May 2009

How are Babies Born?

Since being pregnant, one of my favorite places to visit is our friend's home for boys.  I try to get over there once a week and each time there are pats on the tummy and questions about when the baby will be born.  Many of the kids have younger siblings and are very familiar with pregnancy and babies.  My favorite interaction took place a few weeks ago. The little boy sitting right next to me, in his 4-year old way, thought he could see the baby if he looked under my shirt. I explained that she is still inside my tummy but when she's ready she will come out and he'll be able to see her like the other babies he knows.  He looked at me with big eyes and asked, "sale de la boca?"  For non-Spanish readers, he asked if she's going to come out my mouth.  I told him "no" and thankfully he left it at that. 

1 comment:

  1. That is a cute story! That reminds me of a story Joy Best told me. She is pregnant again and was explaining to her 3 year old that the baby was in her stomach. He asked "WHY WOULD YOU EAT THE BABY?" Good question!

    ReplyDelete